Friday, April 12, 2019

38%

38%.....

That is where I'm at, guys! Three days ago, I reached 5 miles for the first time! Yes, I did feel like dying about 4 times. I made it, though! My goal is to run a half marathon on August 25th. I started this goal on March 16th.  I am now on my 27th day and I have 135 more to go!  I would say that is some pretty good progress! I have been so happy with myself and my accomplishments thus far.

The frustrations:
You guys.... I quit my run yesterday.  😔 I ate poorly the night beforehand. I just didn't feel good at all. I almost ran two stop signs and a red light due to my head being foggy from fatigue and allergies. I was determined to still attempt my goal even though I knew that this one was a huge jump from the last running day. Surprisingly, I was feeling pretty good for about 2 miles. Honestly, it wasn't too horrible on mile three but after that... oh. my GOD. It was like a ton of bricks were thrown on my chest. My legs were giving out. I hopped off the treadmill to just get a quick sip of water and refocus... I stumbled around like a drunk person! I still tried to keep going. I let myself walk an extra minute and then I started my next running set. I just could not get it together. I gave up. I was so disappointed in myself. I really wanted to finish my run but I just didn't have it in me. I felt defeated.

After reflecting on the situation, yes, it could have been the cheeseburger I had the night before or the lack of food that day. Maybe it was that I just let my mind get the best of me. But you know what? I STILL busted out 4 miles! This is something that I had to remind myself I hadn't done before about 2 weeks ago! I had to focus on my positives and you know what? Next time, I am gonna kick that goal's butt! My goal is to be up to six miles by the end of next week. If I make it, awesome. If I don't quite get there, I am still growing.

Accomplishments:

I am doing SO much better at this whole "not apologizing" thing! It is not easy. I seriously argue with myself and justify why I should have/ did apologize sometimes.🤣 I still have a ways to go but I'm finally seeing some serious growth!

I have been so much more positive about myself! I feel good! I see that I am worth a whole lot more than I used to give myself credit for and I am so proud of myself for stepping out of my comfort zone and addressing my accomplishments.

Lastly,
Wow, you guys. I really didn't think I would have so many people following my blog but I really hope that it brings some positivity to your life and  maybe even entices you to set some goals of your own!
Much love,
Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment