Monday, June 3, 2019

Halfway There!

Alright you guys... I have had some seriously ANNOYING setbacks! I made it to 5 miles and then was sick. Then, was having some leg issues that cleared up. I started running again, and I fell off a treadmill and hurt my leg/ ankle. To be completely  honest, I still kept saying I was running this half marathon, but I was starting to have some serious doubts.
Clearly, I stopped posting on here. Partly because I was extremely busy with end of the school year business, starting my teaching online job....(and staying up to watch the blues in the playoffs... completely reasonable) exhausted every. single. day. Mostly because I was so frustrated. I posted that hopefully my next entry would be me saying I had hit 6 miles and  roadblock after roadblock got in my way!
I'm not proud of letting my frustrations get in the way of taking credit for my accomplishments. I'm just being real. Its not fun to say.. "yeah... haven't gone past 3. 1 miles in over a month" right after  being able to run 5 for the first time.  ( let's not forget I ran my very first registered 5k last month.)You know what I forgot? I stopped thinking about where I came from. Guess what? Given that before March of this  year, running 1.5 miles was a HUGE deal for me, 3 miles is something to be proud of. Heck, getting out there and setting a goal for myself and not giving up is something to celebrate.

Well, guess what guys.....on my first official day of summer break,  I RAN  6.17 MILES TODAY! It took me 70 minutes. ( one restroom break included) BUT I DID IT!  I am so stinking proud of myself. I felt like quitting about 3 times, but I kept on going and it was SO worth it. I am halfway to my goal. But you know what? If I have another setback, I'm going to keep you guys updated because whatever I do is an accomplishment.

I'm registered for my first 10k on July 6th and I am so excited!  I literally registered yesterday, thinking, "well, I better get myself into gear if I'm going to get to 6 . 2 miles by then..."😂😂  Hopefully, 6 miles will feel easy by that time!

Well there's my update on my goals. Until next time!

~Ashley

( P.S.  did anyone notice I didn't say sorry? 😁)


1 comment:

  1. If I haven't told you lately, your daddy is so stinking proud of you. You are one of the strongest, most determined people I know, and you do it all with grace and humility. Keep it up baby girl!

    ReplyDelete