Saturday, March 23, 2019

Week One

Hello again! I decided to keep to my word and make my second post within the first week.   This will not be a long log but hey, at least I'm doing it! =) For those of you that may not have read the first post, I made a few goals for myself.
They were:
* stop apologizing
* take credit for my accomplishments
* complete a  half marathon

So Far:

Okay, so in regards to the whole "not apologizing" thing....  not going so great. I have become extremely aware of the fact that I say it so much that I wasn't even realizing when I was saying it at times! It's okay, though.  I'm not giving up!😌


You guys, I am registering for my half marathon! ( Just waiting for my next paycheck πŸ˜‰)  It is on August 25th. I have been doing a program where I  am learning to do more long distance running. Before this, I had run (jogged) at most around 2 miles.  I felt like death afterward and it was rare for me to do more than a mile.  I am now doing combinations of running and walking. By walking, I  am going around 3.5/3.7mph.  Earlier this week, I was on a vacation so instead of running, I hiked/ walked trails for around 10 miles a day. I decided this was a fair trade for a few days. 😊I'm going to stay completely open and honest. Not just for you guys, but for myself to look back at my progress. Today, sticking to my program, which included both a 5-minute warm-up and walking cooldown, I completed 3.25 miles and it took me 45 minutes.  Is that amazing? No. But for me, it is!  It's progress! I'm currently running for two minutes and then walking for 3 minutes. I only have a day or so more of this until it increases my running time.  I may not have a "good" time at the end of August, but I believe I can do this!


 In regards to taking credit for my accomplishments and being proud of myself, well, here I just did! I'll try to have more to share about next time.  Until then, Have a great week!😍

~Ashley

P.S. - If anyone has any tips or suggestions, please, let me know!






No comments:

Post a Comment